Iosat Potassium Iodide has been FDA approved since 1982. Stockpiling of potassium iodide (KI) is highly recommended by health officials worldwide for those exposed to radioactive iodine following a nuclear reactor accident or detonation of a nuclear weapon. Radioactive iodine can travel hundreds of miles downwind, such as it did after the Chernobyl and Fukushima disasters. The thyroid is the only part of the body that absorbs and stores iodine. By taking FDA approved potassium iodide prior to exposure of radioactive iodine, your thyroid will become saturated with safe, stable iodine. This will prevent your thyroid's absorption of any additional iodine (radioactive or not) long enough for the radioactive iodine inhaled or ingested to be safely dispersed through the kidneys.
From the Manufacturer
- Meets all FDA requirements for potassium iodide as a radiation protective, and is labeled and packaged in accordance with US government guidelines. Has demonstrated all quality controls and passed all FDA requirements for purity, quality, safety, efficacy.
- Comes full strength (130 mg of potassium iodide per tablet) in accordance with FDA demands for complete thyroid blocking.
- Contains no potassium iodate or other adulterants. Contains only pure potassium iodide as the active ingredient.
- iOSAT [potassium iodide] is manufactured in the United States under strict FDA “GMP guidelines,” and holds an approved “New Drug Application” (NDA).
- iOSAT [potassium iodide] was the first product of its kind (since 1982) and is the only product which can be purchased by local, state and federal governments. Is widely purchased by nuclear utilities.
- iOSAT [potassium iodide] offers unit dose packaging for maximum shelf-life and allows for individual tablet distribution without fear of loss of packaging integrity.
- 130 mg. potassium iodide per tablet
- 14 tablets per package